Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Perfect

April 2 is the World Autism Awareness Day. This is the 3rd year in a row that I wrote a blog in honor of this special week.

I saw this picture in the Austism Society of the Philippines Facebook page and I couldn't help but be moved. It is one of the most beautiful picture I've ever seen.


Kevin knows Jesus. He knows he must pray to Him everynight before he falls asleep. If I am still working and he wants to go to sleep, he will call our attention so that we can pray with him. In his room, a framed cross-stitched portrait of Jesus and Mama Mary overlooks his bed.

I sometimes imagine Kevin, pensively sitting by his favorite nook overlooking the window, smiling and content... and I know in those moments, he is not alone.

The world believes that these children are wrapped up in their so-called "own little world," disconnected to the rest of their environment with their minds enveloped by nothingness.

I know in my heart, he is not alone in his thoughts. He is never alone. Just like the picture, I know that Jesus is always there  beside Kevin, looking over him with His loving eyes. His arms protecting our child and assuring him that they will be together in eternity. 

And this picture was exactly how my mind saw it. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment