Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mallow Crunchies

This is another simple recipe for a snack which I found at the back of a pack of marshmallows. Friend Belle gave me a pack of white jumbo marshmallows to take home for the kids. I have a habit of reading any printed matter on any printing medium. So I saw this recipe and tried it one weekend afternoon.


1/4 cup butter
4 cups of marshmallows
pack of cereals

Melt the butter in a cooking pan and add the marshmallows. Make sure you continuously mix it until the marshmallows are molten.  Another variation is to add chocolate chips while mixing the mallows.

Remove from the cooking pan immediately and mix with cereals.

What I did was to prepare ahead of time a big tray with corn flakes spread evenly and poured the molten mallows directly. Then add the remaining cornflakes on top. While the marshmallows are still soft, I transferred it to a rectangular pan.

I found plain corn cereals as the perfect foil to counter the sweetness of the marshmallows. You can also use rice crispies, granola, nuts or other cereals of your choice. You can drizzle choco syrup, add sugar dusting or cinnamon powder on top. I prefer plain cereals to at least keep it a bit on the healthy side.

Let it set for a few minutes before serving. You can cut them into bite-sized squares and put them into muffin liners before serving.

It's a great twist to the usual marshmallows, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment