Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pasalubong Heaven


We went to hear Good Friday mass at the Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Tagaytay. On our way home, we made sure to stop by Rowena’s. I’ve been to Rowena’s once, going home from Punta Fuego and my friend Zarah was the one who introduced this to us.


Kyla went with me inside the store but not before I took a photo of Kyla beside no less than the store owner herself in front of the store, cheerfully greeting her throngs of customers! She smiled gamely as I took a picture. Rowena’s is a quaint nook with red and white awnings and they now have Rowena’s Café as well!


Rowena’s is literally a universe of pasalubong goodies – sweet, sour, salty and more sweets! Their flagship product are their scrumptious tarts which comes in buko, pineapple, mango and ube. They also have the usual colorful boat tarts as well that comes in variety of flavors.
For me, their best sellers are the Blueberry Cheesecake Tarts, Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts (I’ve bought both) and the Chocolate Mousse Tarts. Each comes in a box of 6.


I also love their Sylvannas! When we went back during Holy Week, it’s been wiped out already! I tried their Buko Pie and although I must admit that my loyalty for Buko Pie is with Lety’s and D’ Originals, I am actually an instant fan!


Going around the store, Kyla and I spotted a whole variety of “munchables” and treats for the sweet-toothed ones which range from the Southern Tagalog delicacies (sweet and spicy tamarind, espasol, okoy, cassava pie, ube, all sorts of pies, nuts and crackers) as well as regional delicacies (piyaya, chicacorn, meringue, chicaron, pastillas, candied fruits, tahong chips, coffee beans to go and bottled juices and honey).


I spotted at the left most side of the shop, they have a few wooden table and chairs for the sprouting Café. I glanced at the menu idly and I saw locally brewed coffee and pasta dishes (my favorite). Next time, we’ll give it a go!


Next time you go to Tagaytay City, make sure you pass by Rowena’s, along Manila-Tagaytay Road for your hoards of pasalubong goodies. If you are heading to Tagaytay, you will find it on the left side of the road. Just make note when you start seeing a few vehicles queueing along a red and white nook. Chances are, you landed at Rowena’s. It’s truly a pasalubong heaven!

View their website at http://rowenas-tarts-tagaytay.com

1 comment:

  1. Your article very nice. As a leader in the Outdoor Shade industry since 1981, we constantly strive to keep the competitive edge. Capitalizing on the latest in innovations is a great way to stay not steps but miles ahead of the competition. We have always remained committed to the finest quality, safety & appearance in our Outdoor Shades.
    More details: www.mnjss.com

    ReplyDelete