Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year, Welcome 2012

After celebrating New Year's Eve last year in SG in total silence, we decided that we will definitely extend our holidays in Philippines to lasts until the New Year's Day is over.

We spent the holidays shuttling between my parents' home in Rizal where I spent half of my growing up years, and visiting my in-laws in Cavinti, Laguna via Manila East Road's Rizal-Laguna route which saves time, gasoline and exorbitant toll fees. Plus, I have always enjoyed the countrysides.

View of Laguna Bay from Rizal-Laguna Border

The sleepy town where we grew up.
I came to love the countryside despite being raised in Cubao til I was 13. 

On new year's eve, we were in Rizal together with my sister Jeni and nephew Justin. It is one of those few opportunities where we could bond for some time and have the kiddies play together. We spent the earlier hours singing with the videoke although I must say that this time, the younger ones stole the show!

We normally have the family dinner earlier rather than waiting for 12 midnight-- so that we just pass the time after dinner waiting for clock to strike midnight and welcome the new year. In between, the kids busy keep themselves busy with the sparklers - even Kevin had fun! My sister also bought this colorful plastic horns- definitely sturdier and louder than the usual torotots (paper-trumpets) which are usually broken-down before midnight.

We are no longer keen on having any firecrackers around and I noticed that neither did the neighbors spent any on firecrakers as well. We were all content lighting up a few fountain fireworks towards midnight, but that was about it. Or watching pyrotechnic shows courtesy of nearby residents.

Waiting for 2012 while the Thunders stay away from the haze

We spent the first day of the year visiting again my in-laws and bidding them adieu before we travel back to SG the next day.

Another year have passed and a new one has begun. The holiday season is officially over and  we return back to the daily grind. I thank God for these moments in between where we can be reunited with our loved ones and enjoy togetherness while it matters.

Here's to 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment