Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 16, 2011

Thingamajigs and Memories

Been rummaging through my old stuff and here are some interesting find which I kept in my mini casket. Although I had to (painstakingly) learn to part with my abubots through the years, there are some trinkets that reminds you of timeless memories from the days that were.

This was a gift from Nats during our R&D days... so charming that I was happy to just gaze over it instead of actually using it (!) I thought that should I use it, the gold trimmings might turn dull and it will lose its 'royal' look. 



The mint special edition silver U.S. coin was a gift for Kyla from our then-Plant Manager Doug Wood. It was given to me shortly after Kyla was born together with an Osh-Kosh Overall. The edges turned soot-y when I attempted to remove it from its plastic protective sleeve.



The Belgian lace trimmed tissue holder was a pasalubong from another R&D friend Renee.



This is the only wedding souvenir left to me (aside from ours). Ceramic Dutch Clogs from Joel-Nats Wedding. Straight from Holland. Serious!



Apparently I have this envelope full of foreign currency. I dont think these amount to much that's why I just kept it.

From our Wedding! We call this "Aras". Basket-full of gold coins. The groom gives this to the bride as a symbol of his promise to provide for the family's needs. This was a gift from my Tita who made our wedding rings.



Does anyone still remember the Goody barrettes?  They come in fancy colors and designs. Yep, still have them from my early childhood days. I still have some more other than those in the picture. I think its with Kyla.


My 2nd Daruma doll. Still waiting for a wish.


This wooden box was an exchange gift from my UST dorm days (freshman year). The giver was one of my BFF at the dorm. The thing was, she even asked me to accompany her at Blue Magic when she bought her exchange gift and I even chosed for her! The dedications from Jing and May are still visible.



No matter where I moved (from college to Ayala working gal to married woman to Plant and now in SG), this wooden casket went with me.

I had to let go of my keychains, started using my bookmark collection, discovered Kokeshi dolls and found a new collectible which Kyla has been eyeing to keep someday (my bags!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment