Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Story Behind The Gift

Last Friday, Kevin approached me immediately after he woke up and gave me a purple-colored thingy. It was a bracelet he made (I deduced this was from his school work) using colored buttons and flowerettes. It sure looked funky and hip! I bet it was from his Fine Motor skills activity. He always liked beading.

If you look closely, there was a small capiz shell material attached to it. One side says "I love U" and the other side has Kevin's name.

Then he uttered in his usual sing-song tone a-pi-a-ders-de ("Happy Mother's Day"). It was his Mother's Day present. As always, it yet again made my day. Kyla eagerly told his Dad about Kevin's craft. I knew she has a surprise coming for me too (she always do) but she is saving this for Sunday. I am happy to see her being proud of her Kuya's work too.

I was wearing purple that day so I wore it at once and all the way to work. When I showed him later that day that I wore it, he smiled broadly. I always wear it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment