Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kyla Learned to Bake

 Kyla's school homework for the week involve baking or cooking. They were studying about measurements and procedures and for home learning, they were asked to come up with a procedure on how to cook or bake something with matching illustrations. So we chosed Choco Fudge Brownies. This recipe is quite simple and they will surely love to have something to munch later.

Kyla measured the ingredients while Mom helps and doubles as the photographer.



I asked her to mix the batter herself manually though I kept the mixer for the oil-egg mixture.
She also greased the pan with oil before pouring the batter.
Kyla was beaming with pride while she placed her brownie batch to cool on top of the cork plate. She even showed her this to her Dad and to Kuya Kevin.

All done!!! It was a success!!!

Since we were at it, I decided to also make Spiced Nuts for late night TV snacks. I saw this at Giada De Laurentiis' program at Food Network Asia. These are perfect to pair off with a glass of wine (or beer). Even kids love the sweet-mildly spicy-salty flavor. Kyla volunteered to mix the nuts after I finished dumping the array of spices with sugar and butter.

Then we placed this in a cookie sheet and baked it for about 15-20 minutes. After cooling, I stacked this in one of the glass cookie jars.


Cooking and baking is a great way for children to appreciate food! When I asked her what she learned, this is what Kyla had to say:
1. I learned to follow the instructions.
2. I learned how use the measuring cups.
3. I learned fractions -- you can use two of the 1/3 cup to make 2/3 cup.
4. You have to mix the chocolate in one direction only.

'Til the next bake date!

No comments:

Post a Comment