Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finds

Well, it's that time of the year again.

I'm not really big on birthdays, at least not my birthday -- it is usually a family affair. We choose to either have a dinner somewhere or if time permits, my hubby volunteers to cook something special for dinner at home.

I decided to celebrate it a little bit earlier this year by writing down my so-called "Splurge List." Nothing extravagant really, but a few of my favorite things that I'd like to get for myself.


I am quite pragmatic when it comes to perfumes because I get migraines with the wrong scents. But I like perfumes so I have to choose the fragrance carefully when buying. I like mild, lavender-vanilla scents. Benefit's Crescent Row line of fragrances caught my fancy immediately because of the fancy, pop-art packaging that Benefit is known for. The ultimate first moment of truth. I sampled the scents and was drawn to Carmella. Each scent was named after a lady and each has their unique style and personality. Carmella is the epitome of lady-like elegance and mystery. The scent hints of vanilla essence.



One of the challenges of walking everyday from home to office and viceversa is that one has to find the perfect shoes. Classy enough for the office, comfortable enough to not ruin your feet with blisters, sturdy enough to withstand all that walking. After my 4-year old Naturalizer wedgies retired last 2010, I have tried several shoes but none seem to pass the criteria. I stopped buying shoes for a while out of frustration because I ended up giving them away out of discomfort. I believe I found my soul shoes at last.
Got this from Studio Tangs.
The leather is soft so I am optimistic I wont get murdered feet in the process.
I found the book The Food Rules by Michael Pollan while browsing Daphne O's blog. I googled this book, read an excerpt and decided to hunt it down in my next strip to the bookstore. After picking it up, another book next to it caught my eye -- Classy by Derek Blasberg.  I'll tell you more about it when I'm done reading.



 I would like to add more gemstone pieces this year. I did not have to think twice when I saw this rose quartz drop earring with swarovski. It's easy to pair them off with my other necklaces and would be great for every day wear and special occasions.


So there! Ticked off the items in my "out-of-the-blue" checklist!

No comments:

Post a Comment