Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hero



Someday I hope the kids will be able to read this blog; and even if they might not, I know deep on their hearts, they share a special bond with their father.

In 2004, my husband made an extraordinary decision to leave this career so that one of us will be able to focus for Kevin's daily needs, go with him with his therapies and special education ans be his guardian angel. It was not easy but we made it through. He made it through. Kevin and his dad share so many stories, happy and poignant, hilarious and outrageous - as they weaved through Kevin's early years together.

Much later when it was time for us to move in Singapore, Alvin has been there for my little girl, during the days when I couldn't -- like the first day in her new school, her weekly soccer games, the student-led conference and the class parties.

You are our hero, Daddy!

This poem is an adaptation from Joanna Fuchs, dedicated to the Hero in our lives.

You are my hero, Dad
You're my secure foundation.
When I think of you, I'm filled with love
And fond appreciation.



You make me feel protected;
I'm sheltered by your care.
You're always my true friend; and Dad,
When I need you, you're always there.


You have a place of honor
Deep within my heart.
You've been my superhero, Dad,
Right from the very start.



No comments:

Post a Comment