Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Bloggers' Survival Kit

People are amazed at how I manage to maintain a blog when in fact they receive work emails from me at an unholy our of the day. I can catch a whiff of sarcasm somewhere somehow in few exceptional times when I get those questions... but hey, life is too short so let me enjoy the one thing I do that I am happiest about. Writing.

Blogging is not an 'effort' at all for me. It's a publicized soliloquy. It is like talking to oneself really and then writing all about it. My blogs doesnt take me more than 10 minutes to write. Finding the right picture and uploading them is actually longer. One of my top 10 blogs, believe it or not but I wrote it 10 minutes before my conference call that I took late night at home, simply because the memory of an event suddenly flashed back to me like a light bulb moment! (see "The Living and the Dead")

For Wannabe Bloggers, here are the basic survival kit guide....

1. A lightweight laptop. One that you can lug-around while travelling so you can update and upload blogs in jiffy. I bought a 10.1" laptop for blogging purposes. Must have bluetooth, wifi capability. You can also do the same nowadays via Tablets and Smartphones but I find the touchpad very cumbersome. If your thoughts flow fast enough, you have to be able to write faster. Can't do that in my phone.

2. Camera and card reader. Pictures paint a thousand word and blogging is publishing so it is always good to have visuals. I always bring a camera with me for those 'blog-worthy' moments and places, and you can immediately upload your pictures. New laptops have built in card readers already though which is a lot convenient. camphone with hi-res pictures are good alternative.

3. Prepaid Mobile Internet when travelling. Or go to any spot with free Wifi. I was able to write a new entry while waiting for my flight. Or connect via your smartphones. Figure it out. Of course, doing it from your home office is simpler.

4. Your creative juices. The real joy about blogs is that it is really effortless. You see something interesting and you write about it. An idea passes by and you capture the essence of the thought before it fleetingly disappears.

Like right now. Me and this blog entry. Pictures to follow later. My 10-minutes worth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms Armie, Thanks for sharing Basics for wanna be Blogger... Yeah I do also want to write but unfortunately, 1 to 3 lang po meron tayo =) for the 4th one, cant seem to translate the ideas/stories in my mind into writing..

    ReplyDelete