Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Reason to Believe

"To everything there is a reason. And a season to every purpose, under Heaven."

And so that was exactly how it was written, in a stationery pad I owned many years ago. They were only words then. But now I know better.

Reasons

Alvin aptly puts it in his facebook post: 

"We have always tried to get Kevin to express his needs and wants without prompting or asking. This morning he woke up very early. He was waiting at the living room and he approached me and said "I want to eat."  It was not too long ago when the Dev Ped told us that Kevin will not be able to talk. We refused and still refuse to believe this. We continued to hope (and pray; and do our part) that in His time Kevin will be able to talk.

Thank you Lord for giving us hope!"

As for me, I could not agree more. These are Little Miracles brought about by a boy who gave much meaning to our lives and from The One Above who sent Kevin.

This happened a few days after Kevin's pre-program assessment for his therapies that are to be continued here in SG. The therapists Ms. Hui Ling taught us the right techniques to help Kevin initiate speech. And it worked!! It has given us much hope that Kevin will continue to learn more and do more.


Kevin already feeling at home with his soon-to-be second home.

I also reflected that it gave us a reason to believe that we were brought into this country for a purpose beyond our understanding.

During challenging days, I asked myself have I really done the right thing for all of us? When faced with such doubt, my husband and I will always look back at that fateful day.

It has given us hope. It has given us a reason to believe.

Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lord! I miss my inaanak. Hugs to Kevin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mare.. eventhough we are away for now, you're always there to cheer for Kevin

    ReplyDelete