Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Define Bravery

"Bravery is not the absence of Fear. It is the mastery of Fear." - anonymous

If there is one other thing in the world that I always instill to my little girl -- it's bravery. Life is complex and we have to be ready to face the twists and turns of fate. I also learned that we dont have to be the b*tch or the bully in order to survive "life." Old school values such as faith, inner strength, courage and bravery are the compasses that should guide us in trying times.

Before I left ahead of them for Singapore, I told her to be brave and strong and that day when I bid my temporary goodbye, I knew she was holding back tears. When I asked her what she must be, she replied, "I will be brave and strong. And take care of Kuya." I smiled inside that she has not forgotten.

I knew that those moments will someday define her.

 Forward to Today

My kids never had to go through tooth extraction with a dentist because the wayward tooth always fall off one way or another. Kevin would even pull his old tooth off! But Kyla's first molar emerged before the old one was ready to go so we had no choice but to go to the dentist. The thought simply terrified her but I assured her that I will stay beside her. When the dentist told her the old tooth must be extracted, she shook her head and motioned to refuse. So I had to come to the rescue, as usual, simply telling her to be brave and that I will hold her hand through out.

The short ordeal ended without fanfare and tearful bouts. She was calm and collected throughout the process.

Kyla's 1st ever dental check up when she was 3 yrs old.
Kyla's first molar tooth extraction yesterday. With cool shades to block the light. And everything else happening, I supppose.

So as a reward we went to her favorite Ice Cream Parlor (after 30 minutes).

I promised her a treat at her favorite ice cream parlor.

No comments:

Post a Comment