Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Newest Baby


Rory is my newest baby. My new Acer Aspire One mini laptop was named after Lorelie "Rory" Gilmore II of the Gilmore Girls.

Brainy. Smart. Vibrant. Chatty. Chic and glitzy. But most of all, a talkathon.

Rory comes with an Intel Atom N475 Processor with 1.83Ghz and 2GB DDR3 Memory and all the niceties you need for mobile connectivity and blogging. Comes with the standard wifi and bluetooth, webcam, 10.1 LED and ultrathin self. Which I was told is a good find for its price. I'm not really a techie so you can dispute me on this one.

I had been eyeing to snag a mini laptop since the blog bug bit me. I was actually hoping to find a 15T (cheapskate!) mini but hubby says its probably the speed of tortoise so he convinced me to invest on this one instead and so we can install Skype in case we need to chat if he's travelling. I told hubby if I were single (ie, no bills to worry about) I'd go for Mac.

Truth to tell, I can write a blog from my Samsung Omnia II phone because it has everything you need for mobile publishing. But it does not work if you think faster than you type. Which such small keys, I ended up with calluses after the first paragraph.

Working with Rory enables me to create my blog from just about anywhere. Which is my ultimate objective because it is so frustrating to have all these crazy, beautiful, indulgent thoughts flitting about and not being able to write about them esp. when you were just waiting anyway.

Its so light and handy you can carry it anywhere and I can write my blog while waiting for Kevin (during Saturday afternoons) or while everyone else is sleeping and my caffeine side effect kicks in. If I am out, I can use my plug-in internet for uploading the blog and have my Omnia to take pictures (which I can send to Rory via bluetooth).

Yep, its a good time to feel techie. Ain't mobile life a blast?

No comments:

Post a Comment