Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lego Mania

We were wondering what on earth was the long queue all about at the atrium of the nearby United Square Mall... apparently Toys R Us held a 3-day mega sale for Lego. The 1st day was exclusive for Members and it was indeed a box-office!  It was marked down from 30-40% off. Not bad.

We did our own share of lego hoarding.
I was disappointed that I was too late for the Lego City series.

We did our share of hoarding. They'll make great Christmas gifts for my godchildren and nephews.

Kyla and I enjoyed assembling her new toys and we bought Toy Story and giant Technic series Bulldozer for Kevin (he is into big cars). I was too late for the City and Kingdom series so we ended up with Prince of Persia set.

Its good to note that Lego is still a hit with the kids these days though I must say I did think that the adults probably enjoy them more!

Lego mad rush!
I was about 5 when Lego was introduced in Manila via Gift Gate. It was already 'relatively expensive' then. The only Lego we owned was a boxful of loose lego bricks when Manila C.O.D. (where Mom used to work) put some old stocks on sale. And probably a few more that were given to us as gifts.

It's amazing how lego managed to flourish and sustain its brand despite the passing of years.

I got Kyla to play lego- it is a great way to get them to be creative, it stirs a bit of spacial-visual intelligence skills. She said she wanted to be an engineer too, so a bit of visual-spatial skills ought to help.... and we have some mom-and-babe bonding time --  as opposed to just being glued to a PC.

Kyla started to work on the Toy Story Lotso Truck for her brother

Kyla finished assembling the easier stuff
This is from the Kingdom and Ninjago Series

So now, off I go --  she said she needs some help with the truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment