Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Partners In Crime

I had an opportunity to link up with old Cabuyao friends last July 21-22 here in Singapore. The F&HC Offsite is an annual event held in Singapore and the venue this year was the Marina Bay Sands. I'll talk about my MBS experience in a separate blog.

Meeting up again with old friends (...and when I say old, it means our friendships went back from years ago) made me realize I havent really laughed for a long time now. There wasnt really anyone who was good at cracking the sort-of-wholesome kind of green jokes, friends who have stories of misdaventures and mischiefs that could make me laugh 'til I cry, friends who are unabashed at making themselves sound or look silly just for the heck of it, friends who would stick it out despite me being me, and all that history.

Or friends who could listen to your woes and tears when you needed a shoulder to cry on. At one point in my life the past few months, the tears just came streaming down in solitude and I only had the rain to camouflage them.

This is a tribute to my friends from my old workplace. While work will never really cease to stop, the difficult days were easier because you have been there. I truly miss all of you.



My friendship with Ninnie is strengthened by a common clandestine bond. 
"Glo G" and I started out as project partners in 1998 and lunchmates since 6750 days.
Pretty much because we both get hungry by 11am. We also went through many shared EO days at the Plant and who would have thought our future home will be in the same Plant.


With Boss Ed and Ninnie. QA brought us together. In my case, I was their adopted member. Circa CLT days, we called ourselves the original outer circle.

My Kikay Friend at the Plant.
Zarah and I make up the formidable Liquids Initiatives Team then.
With 4 major initiatives per quarter. We were the good cop, bad cop team. Guess Who's Who?

We were batchmates at the B3 College held in SG, had a pact of solidarity.

Mommy Joyce is truly my mother and friend for all season.
Eversince my month 1 in the plant and we were seatmates at the front row of the Cabuyao shuttle.
Jas is my first mentor in PS and also a friend through the many episodes in my life.
One of the Best Team Ever! We were a team but we were also friends. Together we first brought to realization the MPO packaging dream of being Asia's best.

The title "partner in crime" last ended with Dwight so far.
We were friends since Liquids Engg days and we had gone through so many hilarious, forgettable, witty, desperate and argument-laden days. Our friendship even survived despite the expired Hopia- I thought he was being thoughtful leaving me a piece for merienda. He told me later it was expired!




No comments:

Post a Comment